BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Back in Pai - Back to Training

The Thai embassy has screwed me out of 4 months in Thailand. This forces me to go to Laos to pay for it all again on February 14th.

At training today Bee said he wants me to fight on February 6th. So I might still get the last laugh! Get my fight done before the visa runs out then leave the country if i choose too or head to Mae Hong Son for a 30 day extension and not get involved with this whole mess of going to Laos and applying and waiting for a new multiple entry visa.

Seems like a scam to get more money out of tourists and i'm not down with that. Especially as the entire time your in Thailand it feels this way. Everyone has a hand in your wallet the entire time.

I say this with one notable exception. The entire town of Pai. Pai is not like that. Yes you pay for stuff but you don't feel harassed or taken advantage of. Things seem to be charged their value here.

I do love Pai, and I do love training at Charn Chai. But i feel like after i fight i need to do something different for a couple weeks just to break the repetitive schedule so my time here feels a little longer. Right now the 3 months feel like 4 weeks because most days are exactly the same.

Maybe I'll go Cambodia for a week of beaches and swimming. We'll see. See how I feel after the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment