BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Friday 18 April 2014

The Plan

After the last 13 years of building a career in the film industry I have decided to trade in everything, quit my job, sell up, and move to Chang Mai in Northern Thailand to live and train Muay Thai with the locals. My aim is to transform my life from central London office bod to competitive Muay Thai fighter through 6 months of intensive training and fighting in rural Thailand. I want to dedicate myself to learning this combat sport to a standard where I am free to travel an...d teach and pass on what I have learnt from such an extreme experience. I have managed to save £1500 whilst this idea has been in it's infancy. But now I am setting goals and creating a schedule to work too. Currently I hope to leave London at the end of August, returning to York to sell everything and spend time preparing to leave in September. The reason I have started this group is to point people toward my GoFundMe page ( http://www.gofundme.com/8bg0cc ) in the hope some of you will dontate the price of a cup of coffee or a London priced pint of Ale to my fund. Believe it or not the £3 for a coffee would pay my food for 1 day and the price of a pint would cover my training and accomodation. Anything anyone can give, once out there will make such a huge difference. I'm looking to my friends to help me stay out there as long as possible. By August I will be able to save enough to go for 3 months. Please help me stay for longer! Anything you can give will go so far! Over the years in London I feel I have donated generously to the Karma well, everything from bouncer, film set extra, personal trainer to helping people find work or get home safe when drunk. I'm now looking to make a withdrawal. PLEASE HELP! Please dont think I am asking you to fund my holiday... each training day starts at 6:30am with a 10K hill run... there is no swimming pool... no hot water... i'll be living in a dorm... in the hills of northern thailand. Eaten alive by bugs and beaten by local fighters. Please help me achieve this life goal. Thank you for anything you can give. It means so much and will go so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment