BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Tuesday 5 August 2014

John Wayne Parr - email 05.08.14

1 of the many things I love about Muay Thai, everyone involved seems so passionate about the promotion and growth of the sport and the individual involved.
It really feels like the perfect merge of martial art and niche sport. No ego's. 

Everyone I have contacted has been so helpful and supportive in any way they can be. 
Thank you so much to Sean Fagan, Sylvie Von-Duuglas Ittu, Melissa Ray and now JWP. 

Hey mate. 

I did the same thing when I was 19yo. My first trip I left for 6 months with $1000 in my pocket. A year later I left for 12 months with $800. 
I was lucky I started fighting for Songchai not long after and was able to live off prize money. Back then though there was only about 3-4 farlung fighting on the circuit. 

If you live like a thai you will be fine. Eat rice, don't drink alcohol, stay away from westerner food. Sleep on the floor, no hot a water. I did it for five years mate without social media. Just a dream to one day be a champion. If you want it bad enough shouldn't be a drama. 

Good luck. 

John Wayne Parr


2 comments:

  1. John Wayne Parr is an ambassador for the sport. His interview with Sean Fagan was hugely inspirational, as after all he has achieved he still remains so humble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. I really hope the Glory media storm doesn't change the nature of the participants or fatigue them against supporting other people learning and taking part at grass roots level.

      There is definately something to be said for staying humble and preserving the "Martial Art" way of thinking and not becoming the 'sportsman' egotist character.

      Delete