BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Friday 18 July 2014

Knee Pain - front inside of left kneecap

Recent runs have caused some knee pain. Research makes me think I have an inflamed patellar tendon. I have rested it but 5 days later iand i can still feel it when i walk.

 http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/10194150/patellar-tendonitis-knee-tendonitis-physioadvi.htm 

 Yo Elliott - Great resource for most training issues and advice. I find his explanations really useful and without all the sales pitch of most links that recomend a product. Product to help: 

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-Athletics-Patellar-Tendon-Strap/dp/B004AOGA56 

 Looking through the various pages it all states that including more resistance training to strengthen these joints would be of benefit. 

I'm gonna rest it for a few days, munch ibuprofen and if i can, find that tendon strap. Then work in more weighted lunges. 

Who knew so much of this training stuff would be about injury prevention. I guess thats what happens when you come to it at 31 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment