BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Monday 7 July 2014

Sparring Videos - 05.07.14 - Coach Paul Clark working with us on faints and accuracy.

Below are some embedded videos of myself and Nick working with Paul on faints and picking our shots. 

The main focus of the day was to conserve energy by using faints rather than jabs and try and close the distance with pressure without blasting each other or using the the jab to hide our movement. 
 We employed fake jabs, circular movement and knee faints to pressure and read each other. Needless to say Paul is so much calmer in the ring than we are so just stalks us down. Watching that back is really useful. I realise how much i avoid staying in the pocket. Need to work on parry's and slips so i'm more comfortable inside. Right now I bail out and circle off but it doesnt leave me any oppportunity to throw any kind of power strikes. All i can do is dab at the front leg and throw the odd body kick that doesnt find its mark (and tends to injur the top of my foot). 

 Let me know if the adverts on the youtube clips are really annoying and i'll try and take them off.

 

2 comments: