BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Sunday 26 October 2014

Charn Chai Muay Thai (Pai)

Pai = Mosquito heaven. And at night... the crickets take over. They are so damn loud. Fortunately by the time my head hits the pillow i am too tired to care. But if you are a light sleeper ear plugs would be a must. I arrived at the gym during the evening training session yesterday. There were a hell of a lot of people there. It wasn't the most welcoming atmosphere, but then gym's never are. Everyone has resting bitch face cause they are tired and stare at the fresh meat because its just a new face in what is often a tightly knit community. Either way, found Kerri-Ann who I had chatted with via email and she sorted me a place to stay and explained the training regime. She told me that the next day would be much quieter as a lot of the trainers and students were heading into Chiang Mai the next day (friday) as they were fighting Saturday night. I'd seen the flyer when in Chiang Mai so already knew about the event. It did mean that todays training, my first session at Charn Chai, was missing the head coach Bee and all the killers. Which I gotta say I am very happy about. It was really nice to have my first session without that pressure. Find my feet a little and get over the unexpected without the fight level guys in the room/barn. Without a clock or any perception of time sometimes you need to survive that first training session so you know how much to give. I went a little easy on the pad rounds because i didn't know how many we were doing or what came next. Now I know I can do everything, it's about working harder.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my darling! Typed you this whole long message and then Google fucked me so this one will be short and sweet. I'm avidly following your progress on here and look forward to continuing reading all about your adventures! Give my love to spike on his engagement and take care of yourself! Have fun big brother! Love Fifi Gabor xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. Next time i speak with Spike I'll pass on your love. Yeah all is well here, been a little ill (the water got me i think) but training is going well. Its so damn hard in the heat and at altitude. Made me want to puke today. I definitely see how this toughens people up. Anyway... to bed... it all starts again tomorrow. Xx

      Delete