BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Ticket Purchased - I'll be flying on a jet plane, not sure when i'll be back again.

So my dates are now set in stone. 

 My brother has settled on October 18th for his engagement party and as a result I have booked my flight out of Manchester for the 20th. I figured 1 day for hangover recovery was a sensible move. 

 I fly from Manchester to London Heathrow. Then have a few hours in the airport before onto Bangkok. Here I transfer again for an internal flight up to Chiang Mai. Each flight is a seperate flight with a different airline so I'm going to be checking in and out a fair few times. It's inviting lost luggage and delay issues but its the only way to get where i'm going. But 3 flights to catch should be fine. Failing that hopefully my holiday insurance covers any major screw ups. 

Talking of holiday insurance, I have paid for 6 months up front covering my Muay Thai training. Damn was this an unexpected expence. £295. Did not see that coming. But thought it best to buy it now whilst it's still in £'s rather than get there convert it to thai money and then be too tempted to go without knowing what it could aford me in Thailand. It's not a good risk to take so thought the better of it. 

 For the 3 flights, each transfer is between 4 and 6 hours wait time in the various airports. This adds a great deal to the journey time but seems unavoidable. At least it breaks things up though and i can walk around and get the blood pumping rather than risk DVT sat uncomfortably cramped for an extremely long haul. Longest flight i have ever done was 14 hours followed by a 1 hour break and then a subsequent 9 hours. Really cant face ever doing that again. Anyway I digress... 

 Travel time is as follows. Leave home Monday 20th at 1300hrs. Arrive Chiang Mai 1900hrs on the 21st. Ignoring the time difference thats 30hours travelling before i have to try and find the place i'm staying. Thats pretty bad, but it will be fine. Done worse. It does mean that I have booked 2 nights in a Chiang Mai hotel for when I arrive. That will give me time to recover from the travel, have a decent shower and get my head around how I'm going to get that last 120Km too Pai. 

2 days to sort one bus trip... easy. 

 Then I'll be there... Charn Chai Muay Thai... 6 months of insurance, 6 months of visa's and no return flight. I guess after 6 months we'll see where the wind takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment