BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Thursday 18 September 2014

York - 4 weeks to go

Ok so I am back from holiday. Been to A&E to get my foot checked out as it's still causing me problems and looks swollen. 2.5hr wait and then the Dr looked at it, said yeah it's broken but there is nothing we can do. 



I'm 2 weeks into what he thinks will be a 3 - 4 week recovery. Basically told me to splint it as I had been doing and avoid the kicks, but i should be Ok running as long as I take some ibuprofen to keep the swelling down as best as possible.

Seems like I am constantly on ibuprofen these days. Now I get why Americans say buy it in bulk before leaving for Thailand. Now that the Dr has given it the all clear i am going to increase the running to twice a day, first one in the morning before eating and the second either before or after my main meal depending on time. 

Each run I am doing is about 6Km. All feels good. Not having a yoga matt or somewhere to stretch is bothering me a bit though. I feel stiff a lot of the time but i dont want to be srawled out sweating on my dads carpet. Seems a little bit rude.

Been into town to have a wander around and see the Minster. Every time I come back to York I always swing by the Minster. It's just such a beautiful building and kind of sums up York for me. Beautiful, historical, traditional and stead fast. 



No comments:

Post a Comment