BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Falling off the wagon.

Saturday training was a de-moralising wash out. 10K the night before had clearly not done my back any favours. I got to the gym an hour before sparring to warm up and stretch knowing i'd be a little stiff. A run on the treadmill followed by extensive stretching and foam roller and I still couldnt bend over without pain. There was no hope of touching my toes. It just felt like I had wooden boards in my lower back that didn't want to be moved. Even after painful slow stretching the moment I relaxed they re-set and locked back-up. I did what i could only to then find out sparring class had been cancelled and no one was showing up. Disaapointed I went to do some heavy bag and found out the gym have removed it. Stretched some more and then hopped in the boxing ring to do some shadow boxing. Felt like a complete prick cause I was moving like a 60year old man. It was embarrassing. I couldnt bob or weave, if i bent down and engaged my lower back i couldnt get back up. My boxing coach was stood outside the ring doing a PT session with a client and I couldnt handle the idea they were noticing me just walking round a boxing ring occasionally throwing a jab and then grimacing. I just got my stuff and left having barely got a sweat on. I didnt handle not being able to train very well. I left the gym got showered, changed and went to the pub to join my mates. We met at Saturday 1600hrs and partied through to Sunday 2200hrs. I drank everything, got sunburnt, didnt sleep, ended up at 'Florence and the Machines' managers house. Drank more. Messed around in their recording studio. Had an acoustic set on the roof. Then went for Sunday roast at the pub and then onto a blues gig sunday night at a coffee shop. It's now Tuesday and I still feel awful. I'm coming down with a cold and my back still hurts. Hopefully this post will serve as a reminder. Wehn you "can't" train, dont let the frustration take over. Don't use it as an excuse to be self destructive. The only person that loses out is you. Had I used that beer money and got a massage I probably wouldn't want to curl up under my desk and die right down.

No comments:

Post a Comment