BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Monday 19 May 2014

London Sun - The carrot on the stick

I wore shorts to work today. A sunny 5 minute walk to my office door to then sit in a air conditioned office with only the glow of the LCD monitor for Vitamin D. Not exactly worth it. Quiet day, looks like I'm gonna get outta here early and maybe just maybe go for a run in the park in the sun with some energy to actually push a pace and run something worth tracking on my new nike + app. All looks good and I leave early at 17:00hrs... 17:15 and my phone goes for the first time in what is to be a constant tirade of bad news and work related fuck ups. I stick to my guns, make it home and change into my running gear. Thats done it. Nothing is salvagable, everything needs re-doing for the Americans who just woke up and dont give a shit about time zones. So i'm straight back to work now dressed in my running gear to do the night shift. It's now 21:34 and we still have 5 more hours to go, all to censor the word 'bitch' in some on screen graffitti for a Kuwait audience. How have i ended up here? What a bloody waste. If i ever needed a reminder I have made the right choice it's moments like this. Moments where i thought i was getting out early, i thought i had the evening to myself and I chose to be productive and train and yet its snatched back leaving me sat in an empty office waiting for take out food to eat alone whilst apologising via email to people i'll never meet for probelms i didn't create. It's a joke. Only 13 more weeks. Can't come quick enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm now using 'Map My Run' to track routes and progress. It's free the app runs a bit quicker, and allows me to play podcasts at the same time without interuppting or wanting me to play music and 'power tracks'. Might give the Nike a go in a few weeks but the 'Map My Run' works great.

    ReplyDelete