BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Friday 30 May 2014

Yoga, Muay Thai and Back Pain - The Question.

This is more a question than a comment. Does pairing Yoga with Muay Thai make for a favourable combination? and if so how many Yoga sessions a week would make sense? Has anyone had fortune combating injury and joint pain by adding Yoga into their regime? I have been recomended to work in Yoga and P90x3 workouts to strengthen core and increase functional mobility.... the pursuit of better biomechanics starts now!

2 comments:

  1. I used to have back pain from riding the Daytona and my racing bike. By coincidence I started doing a pilates session once a week and found that it really helped. I think just having a stronger core stopped me from slumping into bad postures for longer and the increased flexibility reduced the likelyhood of cramps. I never tried yoga but found that by the end of pilates I was standing in a puddle of sweat - not a glorified rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - thanks James. I saw a physio recently and they also recomended Pilates.
    Essentially saying my core and balancing muscles and weak and my form and health would be benefitted by doing my plyometric exercises.

    ReplyDelete