BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Monday 12 May 2014

Tap Sparring May 2014 - Third Space Piccadilly

A really light tap sparring round at the end of a long session. Massively exhausted. Landed a nice left high kick but i dont find these light tap sessions very rewarding. I find myself holding back on the techniques proper form for a worry of delivering too much power. Listening to a Muay Thai Guy podcast (MTG 045) with Eric Haycraft about Glory and Dutch Kickboxing I kinda crave that Kyokushin level of sparring. I'm sure I'd be riddled with injuries but I feel it would help me break down the mental block I have when it comes to delivering full power strikes. Think I'll discuss it with the sparring coach. Maybe suggest 60% head strikes, 100% body and leg work. Really want to be able to use my height and throw high kicks without stopping at the apex.

No comments:

Post a Comment