BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Friday 23 May 2014

Joe Lea - King among men

Something mad has happened. I'm guessing through the Muay Thai Guy website more people have found my Blog. Actually feels for the first time that someone other than myself is visiting this page. Beyond that a certain Joe Lea has taken the time to actually donate money to my 'GoFundMe' asking nothing in return simply saying "Have fun dude. You'll be living my dream :) get some noodles on me." How amazing is that? Good will for good wills sake. When I saw that I got such a buzz. Right now we have European elections taking place and a backward bigoted party called UKIP (United Kingdom Independance Party) are gaining influence in English politics. It's a scary time when you feel the population of your country slipping into fear and making uneducated policy decisions based on catchy meme's that play to their fears and cultural stereotypes. To have this little flag of generosity come from the ether is just perfect timing. I dont know anything about Joe other than his name and that he loves Muay Thai but thanks to him and to be cliche... faith in humanity restored. Joe - Huge thank you for doing something so generous. My first head kick (given or recieved... lets be honest recieved) will be in your honour.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Joe! How's it going so far Andrew ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to make the foam roller my best friend! The running is taking its toll on my calves. Got sparring tomorrow so hopefully I'll notice the cardio improvement. But all in all feeling really positive. Now to try and sneak out of work early and give my new running shoes (Asics Kayano) their first taste of tarmac.... oh... it's raining. Doh.

    ReplyDelete