BruisedShin Title Banner

BruisedShin Title Banner

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Quit my job today.

So today has turned out to be the watershed. Today I handed in my 3 month notice having only been with the company 9 months. 
Same day as the 'Edge of Tomorrow' premiere which has been in all the papers. 
Coincidence. Yes. 

(Late comers may not know that was my last project)

But now I'm watching 'Double Impact' to try and make it seem like it all means something. (Side note - JCVD is actually a good actor in this film. I had forgotten how well he portrays the different brothers... Anyway.)

Giving in notice was surprisingly nerve wracking. Really felt like I was letting the team down. Probably not helped by my line manager starting our meeting with "I'll punch you in the face if you're quitting!"... My reply "erm... We should probably get that outta the way now then."... She was a little shocked but seemingly more disappointed than anything else. All in all it went well. We'll have to see how the rest of the management team take it over the next few days but I hope the door will be left open.
I sighted wanting to move home and spend more time with my family as the reason to leave. Seemed like a softer sell, and is true. After several funerals over the last 2 years I do feel very distant from them in London and the time at home training before flying out will give me chance to spend real time with my remaining family. 

I did tell work I plan to train in Thailand whilst off. I just didn't mention the fighting. I wanted to appear still industry focused should I want to come back in the future. Didn't seem sensible to let onto my frustrations and disillusion. Don't burn bridges.

Looking forward to the rest of the team knowing as I want to be able to talk about this all more freely. Already trying to keep this quiet on facebook is posing problems and hurting peoples feelings.

My advice... Get all your ducks in a row before telling anyone... And then tell everyone. It's the only way to avoid accidentally offending people. 

So tomorrow back to the office now working on 'Man From Uncle'... But I'm probably just going to read Muay Thai Blogs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment